A wedding is full of love and romance and legalities! There are a number of licenses you will need to obtain.

Marriage License

First and foremost you will need a marriage license.  Most registries offer this service, but it is recommended that you call your local registry to confirm prior to visiting their location.  You and your fiancé will both need to be present.  If either of you has been previously married you will need to have your certificate of divorce or a death certificate if your spouse is deceased. You are required to be married within 90 days of being granted the license so it’s not something you can cross off your wedding check list a year before you plan to say I do.  For additional information visit Service Alberta’s Marriage Information section

Liquor License

A Special Event Liquor License is also required if you are planning on supplying alcohol for your wedding. There are several different styles that allow for either open bar or cash bar situations.  You can obtain a license at your local retail liquor store. For more information visit AGLC’s Special Event Liquor Licenses section

Familiarizing yourself with the licensing requirements of a wedding will help you to have a stress free day!

Your Cart

Your cart is empty.

Subscribe to Our Newsletter